CORE Environmental Consultants
Come be a part of the CORE team as we continue to grow our Buffalo/Western New York office! CORE Environmental Consultants, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer or Geologist to play a lead role in a variety of environmental engineering and consulting projects. This is a unique opportunity for self-motivated, detail and challenge-oriented person.
The Senior Professional Engineer position will provide technical support and project management services. They will be responsible for overseeing the production of design documents, developing relationships with existing clients and project collaborators, and helping expand the environmental engineering team’s reach in Western New York. CORE’s projects include soil and groundwater remediation system design, petroleum bulk storage tank and dispensing system design, environmental site assessments, and hazardous material project management.
Our company culture focuses on being the industry leader and client’s first choice for reliable and innovative engineering and environmental solutions and to create lasting community benefit. Teamwork is a CORE values we expect in all our people and projects. Our team members own their projects and over deliver with integrity.
- 4+ years’ experience including project management for remedial investigation and design.
- Professional license to practice in the New York State (P.E.).
- Familiar with petroleum storage tank site assessments and design.
- Phase I and II assessments, NYSDEC/USEPA Brownfield studies and environmental impact assessments data management and report writing.
- Experience in the field of geology/hydrogeology and contaminated site investigation and remediation. The ability to manage complex and multifaceted investigation and remediation projects.
- Experience with Federal (CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA) and New York environmental programs (SEQR/NEPA, Tier 1 Assessments).
- Strong project/client management, business development and proposal writing skills.
- Strong experience dealing with regulatory personnel and agencies.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and finding innovative solutions for our clients.
- Ability to effectively manage project budgets and client expectations.
- Staff management and development skills.
- Knowledge of the Western New York market and good existing contacts highly preferred.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation design software skills preferred.
- Project management experience including commercial / financial responsibility for projects and performance.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits including health, dental and eye, a generous safe harbor 401K, opportunities for training and advancement. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. CORE is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants.