Reference #: 18-01232
Location: Buffalo, NY
RCM Technologies, a multi-disciplinary engineering company, is seeking a Mid-to-Senior Level Civil/Structural
Engineer for our Buffalo, NY office, with 3 to 10 years of experience in industrial and commercial structure design,
concrete and steel design, and site design, including preparation of cost estimates and bills of material. This position
offers an excellent opportunity to succeed in a team-oriented environment, with an interdisciplinary approach to
developing innovative engineering solutions for our local, national and international clients.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference number and location above.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Civil Engineering, preferably with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Familiarity with industrial sites
- Minimum of three (3) years of industrial and commercial structural design
- Experience with Concrete and Steel Design. Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards such as AWS, AISC, IBC, ACE, etc.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis, preferably STAAD Pro
- Ability to analyze and engineer steel process frame structures to withstand operational loadings, and loadings associated with lifting, handling, and transportation.
- Modular and skid systems design experience is beneficial.
- Experience with engineering heavy concrete foundations for rotating equipment such as large compressors,pumps, etc.
- Ability to evaluate findings of geotechnical studies/reports to ascertain foundation requirements and soil bearing capacities
- Experience with engineering of deep foundations and piling systems
- Ability to develop and review design drawings, specifications, and calculations
- Ability to prepare structural calculations using Excel and MathCAD
- Ability to conduct site visits and structural field investigations
- Ability to travel locally / nationally, and willingness to travel to client locations and perform work on construction sites and in operating industrial facilities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, and successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products