Reward yourself—work for a company that appreciates you. Do you enjoy challenging work and project variety? Are you interested in applying your talents to design innovative solutions for the water resource and energy sectors?
If so, Gomez and Sullivan Engineers would like to hear from you. We have a growing regional practice in the northeast and mid-Atlantic states and a national reputation for excellence in civil engineering design relative to the water resource and energy sectors. We are seeking a motivated individual committed to continuing this tradition. Our company has an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer in our Williamsville, NY location. This office, located in the heart of historic Williamsville, offers the reduced traffic congestion and tranquility of a suburban setting with the amenities of Buffalo nearby. Our New York and New Hampshire offices comprise a multi-disciplined team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff that promotes close coordination and team building. The company is employee-focused and encourages an atmosphere of continued learning, exposure to a wide variety of project responsibilities, and frequent interaction with the firm’s principals. Our engineering services center on the design of dams, hydroelectric developments, stream restoration projects, habitat improvements, fish passage structures, and recreational facilities. Our staff have considerable civil/site engineering experience to support these projects, including site design (e.g., grading, utilities, roadways/parking, stormwater management, water handling, erosion and sediment control), construction sequencing, permitting, and bidding and construction phase services. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge, experience, and current software technologies for our clients’ immediate and future projects.
- Development and review (QA/QC) of feasibility studies, design plans and specifications, quantity take-offs, engineering cost estimates, construction sequencing plans, and permit applications
- Assistance with bidding and construction phase services
- Preparation of supporting design reports to document engineering calculations and design, leading of design teams, and coordination with affected disciplines
- Lead technical discussions with regulators and clients as well as at public meetings
- Technical writing for project documents, as well as review of junior engineers’ technical writing
- Technical guidance and mentoring for junior engineers in their project work and development
- Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
- Project management
- BS in civil engineering (MS preferred)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer and committed to maintaining registrations in multiple northeast and mid-Atlantic states to support our regional business practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10 to 20 years of experience preferred in the following areas:
- Project management
- Evaluation and design of civil projects
- Specification writing, cost estimating, permitting, bidding and construction phase services
- Experience with design of recreational facilities, habitat improvements, roads, earthworks, dredging, storm drainage, and/or flood control projects desired
- Experience with hydrology/hydraulics, natural channel design, fish passage, civil structures, geotechnical analysis/design, survey/bathymetry, GIS and/or natural sciences a plus
- Proficient with:
- Design software such as AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil
- MS Office software
Gomez and Sullivan offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance (cost shared) for all regular full-time employees and their families, long-term disability, education assistance programs, plus a 401K and profit sharing. We are a business with a firm belief in treating our team members as well as we treat our clients, and we maintain a personable, positive work environment.
Gomez and Sullivan has been providing specialized engineering, environmental science, and data management solutions to the water resource and energy sectors since 1993. Our staff of approximately 50 individuals based in New York (Utica, Williamsville, Albany) and New Hampshire (Henniker) includes water resource, civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineers, as well as environmental scientists, regulatory specialists, ecologists, fisheries biologists, hydrogeologists, geologists, geomorphologists, and GIS specialists. Our core services include dam safety, engineering, hydropower licensing, environmental studies, hydrology and hydraulics, fisheries & fish passage, stream & habitat restoration, and information management and geographic information systems. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Name: David Frazier
Web Application Link: http://www.gomezandsullivan.com